"He instinctively can find the shining greatness of our American culture and does a good job of highlighting it (although he also does have those rare lapses when he writes about hockey, but that is something caused by impurities in the Eastern waters or something)." Erik Keilholtz
Under the patronage of St. Tammany
Mark C. N. Sullivan is an editor at a Massachusetts university. He is married and the father of three children. Email
Dartmouth Professor Jeffrey Hart, as described by D'Souza:
He wore a long raccoon coat around campus, and he smoked long pipes with curvaceous stems. He sometimes wore buttons that said things such as "Soak the Poor." In his office he had a wooden, pincer-like device that he explained was for the purpose of "pinching women that you don't want to touch." Rumor had it that he went to faculty meetings with his wooden-hand contraption. When a dean or professor went on and on, Hart would churn the rotary device and the fingers on the wooden hand would drum impatiently in a clacking motion, as if to say, "Get on with it."
* Intinction mandated as method for receiving communion for those who receive both body and blood. Receiving the sacred blood of Christ should never include getting the backwash of other believers.
* Priests who molest kids excommunicated, turned in to authorities and condemned to hell.
* Kids will no longer be invited to "gather 'round" the priest for the homily. They are perfectly capable of listening while sitting with their parents.
* The church shall declare that any war which results in the United States overthrowing a ruthless dictator or Islamic theocracy and replacing it with a democratically elected one automatically qualifies as "just."
* Only traditional Catholic songs shall be sung at mass. We are Catholics, not Baptists and especially not crystal worshipping hippies. Patriotic anthems like the Battle Hymn of the Republic or America the Beautiful are encouraged on appropriate holidays.
* Mass is a solemn occasion, not a concert or sporting event. Therefore, applause will not be tolerated. Violations will receive an extra year in purgatory for all participants.
What is the Order of Minor Historians, anyway, and how does one join?
One of the Order's members, Matthew Herrera, has put together a Web page devoted to sanctus bells that includes a booklet that may be used in lobbying one's parish to re-introduce them. He pens an article in the latest Adoremus Bulletin on the bells' history and use in the Church.
Watched the Masterpiece Theater remake of Goodbye, Mr. Chips the other night, and was struck by the main actor's resemblance to Chesterton. Was it conscious? The show itself was good, but it wasn't the original.
* * *
Cut and paste: "Rosen aus dem Süden," by Johann Strauss: http://www.kseidel.de/mp3/suden.mp3 http://www.ok-stmarien.at/hoeren/rosenausdemsueden.mp3